This Hot Fudge Poke Cake is a chocolate cake, layered in hot fudge sauce, banana and vanilla pudding, whipped cream, strawberries, and toppings of your choice.
For the Cake:
- 1 Chocolate cake, baked and cooled
- 1 Jar Hot fudge sauce
- 1 Package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
- 1 Package instant banana pudding (3.4 oz)
- 4 C Milk
- 1 Container Cool Whip
For the Toppings (optional):
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge sauce
- Start by baking a chocolate cake accordingly to the boxed instructions in a 9×13” pan. Once your cake comes out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Microwave a jar of hot fudge sauce, according to the instructions on the jar. I recommend putting it on a microwave safe plate under the jar, unless you want to be cleaning fudge sauce out of your microwave. Drizzle half the jar of hot fudge sauce over the cake and allow it to soak into the cake for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your pudding. In a medium bowl, combine the vanilla and banana pudding with 4 cups of milk and whisk together. Before the pudding sets, while it is still pourable, dump the pudding over top of the cake and spread with a spatula if necessary.
- Allow the pudding and cake to set in the fridge for at least an hour. Remove from fridge and cover with whipped cream. You can either serve immediately or keep it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
- When read to serve, prepare your cake toppings.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake poke, pudding in cake, chocolate cake