These Lemon Cream Pie Cookie Cups will knock you socks off. Full of lemon flavor, these cookie cups have an easy lemon mousse filling and topped with Fresh Whipped Cream.
- 1¾ C Graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3/4 C Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 C Flour
- 1 C Lemon cake mix (dry)
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- For the mousse
- ¾ C Milk
- 1 pkg Instant lemon pudding (3.4 oz)
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1 C Powdered sugar
- Lemon for zesting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cookie spray or Crisco.
- Use a food processor to grind graham crackers into a fine crumb.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs lefts.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of graham crackers into the bottom of the mini muffin pan. Press down with a spoon or tart shaper.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Combine butter and sugar in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat into butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, dry lemon cake mix, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into batter and beat on a low speed until dough starts to form. If dough is a little dry, add 1 tablespoon of milk. Set dough aside.
- Drop one tablespoons of dough into the greased mini muffin pan on top of the graham crackers. Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool completely in the pan. Gently twist to release cookies from pan.
- Combine instant lemon pudding mix with milk and whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm.
- Put mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- Take 1 cup of the whipped cream and fold into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Refrigerate until you are ready to assemble cookies.
- To assemble the cookies, put lemon mouse in a Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off the end of the bag and gently fill the middle of the cookie cup with lemon mousse. Divide between cookie cups.
- Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and zest of lemon on top.
- Cookies must be refrigerated in an air tight container after the mousse has been added.
I use a larger than standard size mini muffin pan (link in profile). For a standard size mini muffin pan, use a little less graham cracker and a little less cookie dough.