Lucky Charms cookies are soft & chewy, crispy edges, and bursting with fruity marshmallow flavor.
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (380g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Soften the butter in the microwave for 10-12 seconds or allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms. Mix in the marshmallows with a spatula or with your mixing speed on low so they do not get crushed.
- Use a large cookie scoopand scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the dough about 2 inches apart, and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to baking. Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- To decorate (optional): Microwave the white chocolate at 50% powder in 20 second increments until melted and stirred smooth. Drizzle over the cookies and add sprinkles.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lucky Charms Cookies, St Patricks day desserts, Easy sugar cookies, Lucky Charms sugar cookies