- 1/3 C boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Espresso powder
- 1/3 C Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 20 Ladyfingers
- For the filling
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1 ½ C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp Maple syrup
- Chocolate bar for shavings
- Prepare the syrup for the ladyfingers by combining boiling water with espresso powder and whisk until the powder is dissolved. Add maple syrup and bourbon and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Make the filling by whipping the mascarpone cheese for 30 seconds on medium speed and then slowly add the heavy whipping cream and scrape down the bowl until it is a liquid consistency. Increase mixing speed to medium-high and continuing to add heavy whipped cream.
- Once soft peaks start to form, add powdered sugar and increase speed to high. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- To assemble the parfaits, cut lady fingers in half, or to fit into your parfait cup. Dip each piece of the lady finger in the syrup and place a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill a piping bag with the mascarpone mousse and pipe a layer of mousse. Use a zester to shave the chocolate over the mousse.
- Repeat steps for lady fingers and top with another layer of mousse and chocolate shaving. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.