For such a cute bite-sized pie, these Mini Apple Pies are jam-packed with flavor! They’re baked in a muffin tin and topped with a simple crumble topping.
- One 9-inch pie crust prepared
For the filling:
- 3 large granny smith apples (or your favorite variety)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (8.75g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (12g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (28g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons (5g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure maple syrup
For the streusel topping
- 3–4 tablespoons (42-56g) unsalted butter, cold
- 3 tablespoons (26g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (28g) light brown sugar, light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (27g) rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare a 9-inch pie crust, be sure it’s cold and ready to roll out.
- Preheat oven to Bake at 350°F
For the filling
- Slice apples into small pieces (about the size of a dime) and squeeze a lemon over top and stir to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir in the apples until they’re well coated. Pour the maple syrup over the apples and stir to combine.
For the streusel topping
- Dice 3 tablespoons of butter into small pieces and combine with the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or two forks and press the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles a crumbly mixture and the butter is broken down into smaller pieces. If the mixer is still dry, an additional 1 tablespoon of cold butter.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface about 1/8” thick or up to ¼” for a thicker crust.
- Use a circle cookie cutter, at least 4-inches in diameter to cut individual circles rerolling once as needed.
- Generously coat the pan with cooking spray or grease with Crisco. Use your fingers to gently place the dough circles, press into the bottom of the pan and around the sides.
- Spoon the pie filling into the crust, dividing evenly amongst all of them. Then top the pie filling with the streusel topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the apples have softened. Allow them to cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes. They should easily release from the pan, but you may want to use the flat edge of a knife if stuck.
- These can be served warm or once cooled. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
- Once they’re completely cooled, they can be stored at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Or they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- Category: Pie
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Apple Pie, Mini Desserts, Apple recipe