These Mini Neapolitan Bundt Cakes are a blend of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry cake baked together to create the most delicious mini cakes.
- ¾ C (1 ½ sticks) Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ C Granulated sugar
- 3 Large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ C Cake flour, sifted
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ½ C Sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Strawberry jam, malted
- ½ tsp Strawberry extract
- 2–3 drops Red food colors
- Pre heat oven to 325°F. Grease mini budnt pans with Crisco vegetable spread.
- In your stand mixer, beat butter on medium- high speed for 1-2 minutes. Add graduated sugar and cream together on medium speed for 5 minutes until mixture is pale in color.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition of egg. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Sift cake flour in a separate bowl. Add salt and baking soda and whisk into flour. Slowly add flour into mixing bowl and mix just until combined.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Evenly divide batter into 3 bowls. One bowl will be the vanilla batter, so set that aside.
- In a second bowl, gently whisk 2 tablespoons cocoa powder into the batter until well combined.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam for 10 seconds to thin out. Add melted jam and strawberry extract to your third bowl and whisk until well combined. Add a drop or two of red food coloring if desired. Note this batter will be thinner than the others, but it’s fine!
- Fill Ziploc bag or piping bag each with one flavor of the batter. Use the piping bags to filled your greased bundt pans. Start by adding one tablespoon of each flavor to each bundt. Then begin layering the bundt, alternating the different batter until it is 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325° for 18-25 minutes (note baking times will vary by pan size).
- Allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Gently run a tooth pick around the edge if needed. Invert the bundt pan on to a cooling rack, and give your pan a gentle tap if needed. Allow to cool completely. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
*note original recipe called for 3 tablespoons strawberry jam, I preferred only two. I also reduced the strawberry extract from 1 teaspoon to ½ teaspoon.
*notes from the author: this recipe was originally tested in a six-cavity mini bundt pan with five-cup total capacity. However, mini budnt pans can range in size. Baking times will need to be adjusted accordingly.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bundt Cake, Mini Bundt Cake, Neapolitan Cakes