Homemade Monster Cookies are loaded with creamy peanut butter, rich chocolate, and crunchy M&Ms. These easy cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty!
- ½ cup (113g) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (264g) creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (95g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cups (105g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups (72g) rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (90g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (90g) M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the softened butter with peanut butter and beat until completely smooth; scrape down the bowl occasionally. Next add the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form. Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Beat a couple of times just until the flour incorporates.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place on a sheet pan, 2 inches apart. Place additional M&Ms and chocolate chips on top of the cookies if desired.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Peanut butter: Be sure to use creamy peanut butter like Jif or Skippy, and not natural peanut butter.
- Store finished cookies in an airtight container
- Freeze cookie dough: Scoop the dough into balls and place them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw to room temperature and bake according to the instructions.
- Freeze finished cookies: To freeze baked cookies, just allow the cookies to cool completely. Once cooled, place them in a freezer-safe container.
- Double the recipe for a large batch
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: monster cookies, chocolate chip cookies peanut butter, easy cookies