These spooky Mummy Hot Dogs are such an easy Halloween appetizer! Flaky crescent roll dough is wrapped around smoky hot dogs decorated with edible googly eyes, and it’s all served with your choice of 4 festive dips!
- 1 package (8 count) of hotdogs (use your favorite brand)
- 1 can (8ounces) refrigerated crescent roll sheets (or 1 can 8-count crescent rolls)
- Candy eyes
- Dips (optional)
- Pickle relish
- 1 slice of cheese
For the Mummy Hot Dogs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or a line with a piece of parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent dough on a large cutting mat. Cut the dough into ¼-inch stripes on the long side of the dough.
- To wrap the hot dogs, start at one end, wrap a strip of dough randomly around the hot dog. Leave a gap near the top for the eyes.
- Place the crescent wrapped hot dogs on the pan. Bake for 10 minutes and check if the dough has cooked. Add an additional minute or two as needed until the dough is baked through.
- Remove the mummies from the cookie sheet and place on a serving plate.
- Put a dot of mustard for each eye, then place a candy eye on the mustard. This will help “glue” the eyes on. Serve warm with your choice of dips.
For the Spiderweb Dip
- Fill a small bowl with ketchup.
- Make three mustard circles around the bowl, each one smaller than the last, spacing evenly. Add a large dot of mustard in the middle.
- Using a toothpick, start from the middle and pull straight out past the last circle. Repeat 5-7 times around the circle
For the Monster Puddle Dip
- Drip ketchup around the outer edge of a small bowl in a circular manner.
- Fill the inside of the bowl with green relish.
- Place candy eyes on top.
For the Bloodshot Eye Dip
- Spoon mayonnaise into a bowl and use a spoon to create a hole in the middle.
- Fill the hole with ketchup.
- Using a toothpick, starting in the ketchup pull outwards in a squiggle line, dragging some ketchup out to create a bloodshot effect.
- Add a little circle of mustard to finish the eye.
For the Ghost Dip
- Use a mini ghost cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut out a ghost shape from the cheese.
- Place in a bowl of ketchup.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mummy hot dogs, halloween food ideas, mummy dogs