- For the crust:
- 2 ¼ cups Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the filling:
- 16 ounces (2 pkgs) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- For the topping:
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- For the crust: grind the Nilla Wafers cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the Nilla Wafer crumbs and stir until the crumbs as well coated.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Gently grease the sides of pan with a thin coating of cooking spray. Press the crumbs into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust until the filling is prepared.
- For the filling: Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes or soften in the microwave. To soften in the microwave, remove the wrapper and place the cream cheese on a plate. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- To prepare the cereal milk: in a large measuring cup, combine 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream with 1 cup of Fruity Pebbles cereal. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator while the cream cheese is softening.
- Put your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10 to15 minutes until it is completely cold.
- When ready, pour the cream through a fine sieve into another measuring cup, and squeeze the cereal to drain any extra cream. Replace the necessary heavy cream so that you have 1 ½ cups total.
- Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add ¾ cups of powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to add the granulated sugar and continue beating for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sugar is well incorporated. Add 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and beat until incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Fold the prepared cereal treat whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Gently turn over from the bottom to the top until it’s well mixed.
- Take 2 cups of Fruity Pebbles cereal and fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust. Cover this and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- For the topping: Put your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until it is completely cold.
- Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Use a large open star tip, pipe the borders of the cheesecake with the prepared whipped cream.
- Garnish with additional Fruity Pebbles if desired.
The steps to prepare the cereal flavored whipped cream is optional. Instead of soaking the heavy whipping cream in cereal, skip that step and pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl.