This No-Bake German Chocolate Cheesecake is a triple chocolate cheesecake with a stovetop coconut pecan frosting.
For the crust:
- 1 package (14.3oz) Oreos
- ½ cup unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 5 ounces German chocolate
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup hot fudge sauce
For the coconut topping:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
For the whipped cream:
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- For the crust: Prepare a 9-inch springform panby lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Gently grease the sides of pan with a thin coating of cooking spray.
- Grind the cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter for 45 to 60 seconds until the butter is melted. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs crumbs and stir until the crumbs as well coated.
- Press the crumbs into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust until the filling is prepared.
- For the filling: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Melt in the microwave in 15-second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted and smooth. I suggest microwaving at 50 percent power, which helps prevent the chocolate from seizing. Once melted, stir it until it’s smooth and set aside. Allow the chocolate to cool.
- Prepare a batch of whipped cream. Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Pour 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continuing beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s light and fluffy., scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Next add the cooled German chocolate and beat it together with the cream cheese until it’s mixed.
- Finally, add the cocoa powder and hot fudge sauce and slowly mix into the cream cheese filling until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Lastly, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese filling, gently turning over from the bottom to the top until the whipped cream is incorporated into the cream cheese.
- Pour the filling into your prepared crust, gently pressing it into the sides and edges of the crust, spreading evenly. Cover this and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- For the coconut topping: In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the heavy whipping cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the mixture is bubbly and thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in coconut and pecans. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. The filling will continue to thicken as it cools.
- After the topping is completely cooled, gently spread it over the cheesecake and allow the topping to set in the refrigerator along with the cheesecake.
- For the whipped cream: Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Pour 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continuing beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Use a large open star tip, pipe the borders of the cheesecake with the prepared whipped cream.
- Heat the hot fudge accordingly to the instructions on the jar and drizzle over top of the cheesecake. Slice with a clean knife. This cheesecake must stay refrigerated.
If you cannot find German chocolate, you can substitute semi-sweet chocolate
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cheesecake, easy dessert recipes, no bake desserts