This No-Bake Monster Cookie Icebox Cake is layers of oatmeal cookies with a peanut butter mousse and a homemade peanut butter and oatmeal monster cookie dough. Topped off with MnMs and whipped cream.
- 1 package (12.5oz) Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup MnMs
For the peanut butter mousse:
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cookie dough:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup quick oats
For the topping:
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- For the peanut butter mousse: Chill a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Prepare the whipped cream. Pour 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and peanut butter and beat until well combined.
- Next add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Fold in the prepared whipped cream and mix until smooth. Refrigerate.
- For the cookie dough: Soften the butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combined the softened butter with the sugars and mix until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and continuing mixing until well combined. Finally, add the flour, salt and quick oats and beat until a dough starts to form. Set aside.
- To assemble the dessert: Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Assemble a layer of oatmeal cookies on the bottom, breaking apart the cookies as needed to fit.
- Divide both the mousse and the cookie dough into thirds. Spread 1/3 of the mousse over the bottom layers of oatmeal cookies. Crumble 1/3 of the cookie dough over the mousse and then sprinkle with a handful of MnMs. Repeat two more times. Save the top layer of cookie dough and MnM to add right before serving. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- For the topping: Prepare a second batch of whipped cream following the same instructions as listed above. Use a large open round tip to pipe the border of the cake. Sprinkle the top with remaining cookie dough and MnMs.
I suggest adding the final layer of cookie dough and MnMs to the top before serving. If the MnMs are cold or wet, the color will run.