Summer time is the perfect time for No-Bake Peach Icebox Cake. Layers of bourbon and cinnamon soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese and peach pie filling. Make sure you get a little bit of every layer in each bite.
For the mousse filling:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 can (21oz) Lucky Leaf Peach Pie Filling
- ½ (14oz) can (about 1/2 cup) sweetened condensed milk
For the cake:
- 2 packages (7oz each) lady fingers
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the topping:
- 1 container (8oz) whipped topping
- Cinnamon for dusting
For the mousse:
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- In your chilled mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese with about ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream. Beat on medium speed, scraping down the bowl occasionally until the mascarpone cheese reaches a more liquid consistency.
- Add the remaining heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and beat on medium-high speed until it starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the Lucky Leaf Peach Pie filling together with the sweetened condensed milk and stir together until well combined; the filling will thicken quite a bit.
To assemble the dessert:
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch square dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk with the bourbon, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Dip the top and bottom of each ladyfinger in the milk mixture and line the bottom of the dish with one layer of dipped ladyfingers. You may need to cut the ladyfingers in order to fit two rows into the dish. You can sprinkle the tops with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Once the bottom layer is built, spread half the mousse over top followed by half of the peach pie filling, spreading evenly.
- Then, add the next layer of dipped ladyfingers followed by the remaining mousse and remaining peach pie filling, spreading evenly.
- Finally, spread the whipped topping evenly on top of the last layer of peach pie filling and dust with cinnamon for garnish. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours to allow the layers to set. This dessert must stay refrigerated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American