This Orange Cranberry Bread is soft, fluffy, loaded with dried cranberries, and topped off with sliced almonds and an orange cream cheese glaze.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup warm water (105°F- 115°F)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- Sliced Almonds
- Orange zest
- Allow eggs and buttermilk to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl stir together the warm water and yeast; let stand about 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Lightly beat the eggs. Add eggs, buttermilk, sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, almond extract, and salt to yeast mixture; mix well. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups of the flour, beating with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined (dough will be soft and slightly sticky). Beat on low speed for 5 minutes more. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the remaining flour (dough will still be slightly sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, line the sides with parchment paper
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, gently knead in the dried cranberries.
- Roll dough into an 18×12-inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 4×3-inch squares. Place dough squares into a greased 9-inch loaf pan next to each other, staggering until pan is full. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. If necessary to prevent over-browning, cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using the edges of the parchment, lift out of pan. Cool and then add the topping.
Storing: Finished orange cranberry bread will last at room temperature for 2-3 days. Wrap tightly or store in an airtight container.
The recipe is adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pull apart bread, cranberry orange bread, orange cranberry bread, bread recipe with yeast