There’s no sharing this Oreo Dirt Cake! The chocolate cake is soaked in hot fudge and covered with a Chocolate Oreo Mousse also known as “dirt”. This mouthwatering poke cake is to-die-for.
- 1 Box (15oz) Chocolate fudge cake mix
- Ingredients on the box: eggs, water, vegetable oil
For the topping:
- 1 package (14.3oz) Oreo cookies
- 1 Jar (12.8oz) Hot fudge sauce
- 1 box (3.4 oz) Hersey’s Dark Chocolate instant pudding mix (see notes)
- 1¾ cup Milk (see below)
For the dirt
- 1 box (3.4 oz) Hersey’s Dark Chocolate instant pudding mix
- ¾ cup Milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- Additional hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- Additional crushed Oreos for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix according the instructions on the box, adding eggs, oil and water. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake the cake in 9×13” pan for 22-28 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the topping: While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds until you can stir it and thin it out. You may need an additional 30 seconds. Pour the entire jar of hot fudge sauce (minus 3 tablespoons) on the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled.
- Optional: When the cake has cooled, prepare the pudding layer by mixing a package of instant dark chocolate pudding with 1 3/4 cups of cold milk. Before the pudding sets, pour it over the top of the cake and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes.
- For the dirt topping: Prepare the pudding layer by mixing a package of instant dark chocolate pudding with cold milk. Refrigerate until the pudding has set.
- Take a large Ziploc bag and crush the 3/4 of the bag of Oreos into smaller pieces using a rolling pin or other large, heavy object.
- Once the pudding has set, mix in a container of Cool Whip until well blended.
- Mix in crushed Oreos into the mousse and spread the dirt over the top of cake. You can top you cake with the remaining hot fudge and some leftover Oreos. Serve cold.
- Optional: Add a layer of chocolate pudding over the hot fudge to soak into the cake
- To make a homemade chocolate cake, try my super moist chocolate poke cake
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Poke Cake, Chocolate Cake, Pudding Cake, Chocolate Poke Cake, Poke Cake Recipe, Pudding Poke Cake, oreo chocolate cake, oreo cake recipe,oreo cookie cake recipe, chocolate oreo cake