Homemade Oreo Truffles are the perfect balance of sweet, rich, and fudgy. Made with just 5 ingredients, these no-bake treats are simple and easy to make!
- 1 package (14.3oz) Oreos
- 8 ounces (226g) Full-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces (283g) Ghirardelli dark chocolate melts
- 10 ounces (28g) Ghirardelli white chocolate melts
For the Oreo Filling:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. Then add the cream cheese and vanilla extract and blend until completely incorporated.
- To scoop the truffles, use a medium size cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon). Scoop one at a time and place on the baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll them between your hands to form a ball. Then place back in the refrigerator.
For the Chocolate Coating:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30-second intervals; stir after each interval and continue until the chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn.
- Use a spoon to dip the truffle in the chocolate, covering it completely. Then lift out of the chocolate with a fork and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place bake on the baking sheet and allow the chocolate to set completely.
- To add toppings, do so before the chocolate sets. To add an additional chocolate drizzle, do so after the chocolate coating has set.
- When dipping the truffles, I recommend working in small batches (6 at a time) and keep the remaining Oreo balls in the refrigerator until ready to prevent the Oreo balls from getting too soft.
- You do not need to remove the cream filling from the Oreos.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo balls, oreo cream cheese balls, oreo cookie balls