This is a Peanut Butter Brownie Mousse Pie has a fudgy brownie bottom with a layer of peanut butter cookie cheesecake and it’s topped with a Nutter Butter Mousse.
For the brownie layer:
- 1 package fudgy chocolate brownie mix (19.9 oz)
- Ingredients listed on the box: oil, eggs, water
For the peanut butter cheesecake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Nutter Butter Cookies, crushed
For the cookie mousse
- 1 tablespoon cold gelatin
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
For the topping
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4–5 Nutter Butter cookies, whole
- 2 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
- For the brownie layer: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brownie mix, with the ingredients listed on the box. Stir until the batter is well combined and there are no dry ingredients left.
- Pour the batter into the spring form pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes until the center is baked but still slightly fudgy. Allow the brownie to cool completely.
- For the peanut butter cheesecake: Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill while you are preparing the next steps.
- Prepare the whipping cream. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter together until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed. Next, add the vanilla extract and the brown sugar and beat until well combined.
- Fold the prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and stir until well mixed and smooth. Finally, fold in the crushed cookies.
- Spread the peanut butter cheesecake over the cooled brownie.
- For the mousse layer: Chill the mixing bowl and whisk again. Place 1 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water, trying to spread the powder evenly. Allow the gelatin to turn to a solid (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next, melt the solid gelatin in the microwave for 3-5 seconds until it turns back to a liquid. Watch it closely!
- Prepare another batch of whipped cream. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until peaks start to form.
- Slowly pour the liquid gelatin into the mixing bowl and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- In a large Ziploc bag, roughly smash 10 Nutter Butter cookies into small pieces/crumbs. Fold the smashed cookies into the prepared whipped cream. Pour the whipped cream over the peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
- For the topping: Prior to serving, chill the mixing bowl and whisk again. Prepare another batch of whipped cream as previously described. Pipe the boarder of the pie use a large open round piping tip.
- Slice the Nutter Butter cookies in half and place in between the whipped cream dollops. Smash 2 Nutter Butter cookies and sprinkle them over the top of the pie. Slice and serve! This pie must stay refrigerated.