These Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies are as dreamy as they look! A soft-baked peanut butter cookie swirled with Nutella and rolled in sugar.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter morsels
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and shortening together until smooth, about one minute.
- Next add the brown sugar and ½ cup of the granulated sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Next add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and continue beating on medium-high speed until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Next add the peanut butter chips and mix until combined.
- Finally, add the Nutella and mix by hand with a spatula to swirl into the dough. If you mix for too long, you will not have the swirls in the cookies.
- Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (and up to 4 days). OR Pre-scoop (1 tablespoon) your cookie dough and refrigerate as directed above. If you are not pre-scooping the dough (1 tablespoon size), and you’re refrigerating for longer than 3 hours, allow the dough to sit at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes before scooping as the dough will be quite hard.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Roll each ball of dough in the remaining ½ cup of granulated sugar. Place the dough 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. Press a fork into the tops to create the crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom. The centers will look soft. Remove them from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- I used a 1 tablespoon size cookie scoop, which actually results in a larger cookie than I originally thought it would. I also made a few 2 tablespoon size cookies because I always love a big cookie (although using the larger scoop will result in a fewer number of cookies overall).
- Whenever the dough needs to be chilled, I always use my cookie scoop and place them on a baking sheet in the refrigerator. That way I can pull them out as needed when I am ready to bake them. When a dough requires chilling, it can be very difficult to scoop them after the fact.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, nutella cookies, peanut butter chocolate cookies, easy peanut butter cookies, sally's baking addiction cookies