Ham and Cheese Sliders are made with smoky black forest ham, gooey Swiss cheese, and tangy marinated pineapple. These easy appetizers are ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 package (12 rolls) Hawaiian rolls
- 1 pound black forest ham slices
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (20 ounce) sliced pineapple, drained with 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half and place the bottom half in the pan then lay the ham over the bottom of the rolls.
- On the stovetop, heat a grill pan or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, stir to combine. Brush over the pineapple slices and place in the hot pan. Grill each side for 1 minute or until it has grill marks. Use the remaining sauce for brushing over the top buns.
- Cut the pineapple rings in half and lay then over the ham and place the cheese over the pineapple and finally place the top of the rolls over that.
- Use the remaining marinade and add the melted butter and parsley. Brush over the tops of the buns.
- Tent a piece of tinfoil over the rolls and place in the oven. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove the tinfoil and bake an additional 5 minutes until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- I like to grill the pineapple after I marinate it to give it some extra candied grilled flavor but this is optional. You can also just marinate the pineapple and then put the rings on the bread.
- Save the leftover marinade to mix with the butter and brush over the tops of the rolls.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ham and cheese sliders, hawaiian roll sliders, ham and swiss sliders