This smooth, rich and creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake is a lovely Thanksgiving dessert idea! It’s easy to make with a buttery graham cracker crust and a fluffy whipped cream topping.
For the Crust
- 1 3/4 cups (157g) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (28g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (2.5g) ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons (84g) unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 32 ounces (904g) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (90g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110g) light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup (48g) full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons (5g) pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
For the Topping
- ¾ cup (177ml) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup (32g) powdered sugar
Make the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom.
- Grind the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Mix together with the brown sugar and cinnamon, then stir in the melted butter until well combined. Press the crumbs tightly into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 8-9 minutes. Allow the crust to cool. Then wrap the crust with a slow cooker liner and tie a knot in the side of the bag to secure around the pan. Or double wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil. Set aside.
Make the Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes until free of lumps then add the sugars and beat on low speed until completely smooth, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- Next add the pumpkin puree, sour cream, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, ensure it’s well mixed before adding more. Scrape down the bowl occasionally. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Gently tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles on the surface or use a toothpick.
- Place the springform pan inside another larger pan. Fill the outside pan with approximately 2-3 cups of warm water so it about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 325°F for approximately 60-65 minutes. The center should be set, but still slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and leave the door cracked open for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and water bath and cool for at least 1 hour on the countertop, then cover and move to the refrigerator. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours until the cheesecake has set.
Make the Topping
- Once the cheesecake is completely cooled and set, remove from the springform pan and prepare the whipped cream topping. placing your bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the borders of the cheesecake with whipped cream using a large open star piping tip.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy pumpkin cheesecake, how to make cheesecake, graham cracker crust for cheesecake