This cold Quinoa Vegetable Salad is a healthy, refreshing salad packed with fresh vegetables and quinoa. It’s perfect for the summertime and you can easily use up all those extra vegetable in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (appx 3 cup prepared)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onions
- ¾ cup diced English cucumbers
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 large avocado (see notes).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook the quinoa: Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Fluff and set aside to cool.
- Roast the tomatoes: (optional) Heat oven to 400°F. Roast whole or sliced. Combine tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Chop the veggies: Diced the vegetables: bell peppers, red onion, cucumbers, parsley.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small dish and stir to combine.
- Toss the salad: Combine the cooled quinoa and combine together with the vegetables and then pour the dressing and toss to combine. Keep stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
All vegetables are optional as written. You can add any of your favorite vegetables.
Avocado: it’s best to add the avocado right before serving. If you will not be eating it all at once, I recommend storing the avocado separately and adding it when ready to serve.
Make ahead and storage: You can prepare this a day in advance, but if so, I recommend adding both the avocado and the dressing the day you will be serving. Keep stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container and enjoy for 3 days.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Quinoa salad, Side dishes, Quinoa salad recipes, Cold quinoa salad