Soft, chewy, and absolutely irresistible, these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and salty. Enjoy warm from the oven with a glass of milk for the perfect peanut butter treat.
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (165g) light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (48g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (175g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (9.9 oz/280g- about 1 ¼ cups) Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the softened butter with peanut butter and beat until completely smooth; scrape down the bowl occasionally. Next add the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, except the Reese’s Pieces. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form. Before the dough thickens, add 1 cup Reese’s Pieces. Beat a couple of times just until the flour incorporates.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place on a sheet pan, 2 inches apart. Place additional Reese’s Pieces on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: reeses pieces peanut butter cookies, reeses pieces cookies, chewy peanut butter cookies