Mouthwatering and highly addictive, these Salted Caramel Cashew Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy cookies filled with chopped cashews, gooey sea salt and white chocolate chips.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- ¾ cups white chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt for garnish
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramel bites, milk and sea salt. Microwave in 45-60 second increments, stirring each time. Caramel will be very hot and can burn easily. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. All the caramel to cool.
- Soften the butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine the softened butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt (1 tsp) and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the chopped cashews and chocolate chips. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Once the caramel is melted and smooth, add to cookie dough. Beat just until combined.
- Pre-scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Remove each batch 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- These can be frozen. Place on a cookie sheet with layers of parchment paper in between each layer. Once frozen transfer to an airtight container.
- When your cookies come out of the oven and they do spread or are misshaped, take a flat edge, such as a knife and press the edges of the cookie back towards the middle of the cookie, shaping it into a circle.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salted caramel cookies, oatmeal cookies, easy oatmeal cookies, cookies with nuts