All your favorite things in one cake, this Slutty Brookie Poke Cake is a chocolate cake filled with chocolate pudding, topped with whipped cream and crush Oreos, Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups(285g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (118 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup(118 ml) light sour cream
- 2 cups(280g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (55 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon (5g) espresso powder (optional)
- 2 ½ teaspoons (9 g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 1 ¼ cup (355 ml) brewed coffee
- 15 Oreos
For the filling
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 ¾ cup (295ml) milk
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups (354ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (148g) powdered sugar
- 12 chocolate chip cookies, such as Chips Ahoy
- 10 Oreos
- 6 small brownies
- 3 tablespoons hot fudge sauce for garnish
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with Oreo cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until the eggs and oil are well incorporated and the batter is lighter in color.
- Next mix in the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- In a sperate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Then add half the dry ingredients followed by half of the coffee and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate.
- Finally add the remaining dry ingredients, mixing on low speed while pouring in the remaining coffee and beating until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir the batter from the bottom to the top to ensure it’s well mixed.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 26-28 minutes. Test the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Take a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes over the top of the cake.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding with the milk and whisk together until the powdered mix is dissolved.
- Pour the liquid pudding mix over top of the cake, try to fill the holes with the pudding mix.
- Refrigerate the cake until the pudding is firm, about 10 minutes or so.
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream thickens.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks start to form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Crush the chocolate chip cookies, Oreos and the brownies and sprinkle over top of the cake. Garnish with hot fudge.
- You can also make this cake with a boxed cake mix instead of homemade