Snowball Cookies are buttery shortbread cookies with nuts (such as pecans or walnuts) and then rolled in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Soften the butter to room temperature or microwave for 15-20 seconds until softened but not melted. Sift and measure the confectionary sugar and flour.
- Combine the butter, confectionary sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Then add in the sifted flour and salt and mix until a dough starts to form. Finally add the chopped nuts and mix until well combined.
- Roll into balls about 1-1 1/2 tablespoon size and place at least 1 inch apart on a baking mat lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 400° F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Make sure the cookies are completely cooled, then roll them in powdered sugar.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: Snowball Cookies, Butterball cookies, Mexican Wedding Cookies