These Soft and Chewy Oreo Funfetti Cookies are a soft baked sugar cookie stuffed with crushed Oreos and sprinkles.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 15 crushed Oreos, approx. 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough starts to form.
- Next add the crushed Oreos and sprinkles and mix to combine.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes, but the longer the better.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place about 2 inches apart and bake at 350° F for 11-13 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
This dough can be prepared a day ahead of time and refrigerated. I suggest to pre-scoop the dough prior to refrigerating and cover the cookies with plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes prior to baking.