Make soft and chewy S’mores Cookies filled with chunks of graham crackers, gooey mini marshmallows, and plenty of melted chocolate. These homemade cookies are the perfect summer treat, minus the campfire!
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- 1 ½ cups (75g) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped chocolate bar, divided
- ½ cup (112g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4–6 sheets of graham crackers, roughly chopped
- Maldon sea salt flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Allow the butter to soften for at least 20 minutes.
- Beat the butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes until well creamed. Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- Grind the graham crackers into a fine crumb using a food processor. In a separate bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until the dough starts to form.
- Roughly chop the chocolate bars into smaller pieces then ¾ cups to the dough along with the chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and roughly chopped graham crackers. Beat until incorporated. Set aside.
- Use a large cookie dough to portion out the dough. Place 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet, and press the leftover chopped chocolate into the top of the dough. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Once you pull them from the oven, immediately take a spatula and press the edges of the cookie back into a circle shape. The center of the cookie should be slightly underbaked but not too gooey or shiny on top. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate Bars – Use your favorite type. I generally use dark chocolate and prefer the 1lb bars from Trader Joe’s since they’re nice and thick. I also like Ghirardelli bars, either Semi Sweet or 60% cocoa.
- Fix mishapen cookies. Marshmallows along the edges will melt while baking (see the photos below). These edges are the best part! However, it can lead to somewhat wonky-looking cookies. To fix this, right when you take the cookies out of the oven, use a knife or spatula to press the edges of each cookie back into the center to create a nice round shape. This has to be done immediately before the melted sugar hardens.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: s'mores cookies, smores cookie recipe, smores cookies