This Spooky OREO Cheesecake Dip is the perfect easy Halloween dessert. No-baking is required for this light and fluffy dip. Prepare it ahead of time and serve it with your favorite fruit or cookie or sweet crackers.
- 1 cup (236ml) Heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (65g) powdered Sugar
- 16 ounces (452g) full-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup (95g) granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 Jar (7ounces/198g) marshmallow Crème
- 1 package (14ounces/405g) OREO cookies
- 3 Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- 2 ounces white chocolate bar
- 1 ounce chocolate (optional, see notes)
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon powdered sugar
- Black food gel coloring
- Red food gel coloring
- Edible candy eye
- 4–6 large marshmallows
- Cookies and crackers for dipping: Honey Maid Graham Crackers, Nilla Wafers, OREO cookies, Strawberries
- Prepare a batch of whipped cream. Chill the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Beat the cream cheese using the paddle attachment until it’s completely smooth then add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients. First beat in the marshmallow crème and continue mixing until well combined then fold in the prepared whipped cream and blend until smooth. Roughly crush 24 OREO cookies in a large Ziploc bag then fold into the batter until combined.
- Spread the dip in a 9-inch square pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Make the gravestones
- Use a serrated knife to cleanly slice the graham crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add 1-2 drops of black food gel to dye and stir to combine until you reach your desired color.
- Dip one side of the graham crackers into the white chocolate and smooth it with a knife, tap off any excess chocolate. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Melt the chocolate in the same way you did the white chocolate and then use a small piping bag fitted with a size 3 round piping tip (optional) to write RIP on each gravestone. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Using a food processor, grind 4-6 OREO cookies into find crumbs.
- Create a stencil using folded parchment paper with a hole cut out or a rectangular cookie cutter. Place the stencil on top of the OREO cookie dip and spoon some crumbs over the stencil, gently pat and then carefully remove the stencil.
- Place two edible candy eyeballs in each gravesite and then place a prepared gravestone at the top.
Decor (prepare just prior to serving)
- Edible blood: Combine the corn syrup with a drop or two of red gel color and stir to combine until you reach the desired color. Slowly sprinkle in powdered sugar to thicken. Drizzle over gravestones and dip.
- Marshmallow: On a microwave-safe dish, place 4-6 large marshmallows and microwave for 10 second until marshmallow are puffy. Allow to cool to the touch. Use your fingers to pull apart and string the marshmallow over the dip, draping on the gravestone.
- Storage and make ahead: This dip must be refrigerated once prepared. Keep covered with tightly wrapped plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
- Pan sizes: This dip make 5 ½ cups, it’s meant to serve a crowd. This is a 9-inch square pan, but you can use any size square or round pan. 8 to 10 inches in diameter is best.
- Homemade whipped cream can be substituted with 1 container (8 ounces) of Cool Whip if desired.
- Decorating tips: Prepare the gravestones ahead of time to allow the chocolate to set, but don’t place them into the dip until prior to serving as the graham crackers will soften once they come in contact with the dip. For the gravestones, a white chocolate bar works best, but candy melts would also work great. To add the RIP to the gravestones, you can use melted chocolate or candy melts, a food safe pen or black decorator icing. Do not add the candy eyeballs, edible blood or marshmallows until just prior to serving for best results.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Oreo Dip, Halloween dessert, Easy Halloween dessert