- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- ¾ cup sprinkles, divided
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add the dry ingredients into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms. Add ½ cup of sprinkles to the dough and mix until the sprinkles incorporate.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough into a bowl of sprinkle. Roll the top of the dough in the remaining sprinkles and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.