These Sprinkle Sugar Cookies are a classic sugar cookie that’s loaded with colorful sprinkles. These cookies are soft and buttery with perfectly crisped edges.
- ( ) unsalted butter, softened
- ( ) granulated sugar
- large eggs
- (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- ( ) all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- 1/2– 3/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a large cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. To soften the butter quickly, microwave for 10-15 seconds, otherwise let it come to room temperature.
- Combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add into the batter and beat on medium-low speed until most of the flour is incorporated, then add the sprinkles and mix to combine. Increase the speed on the mixer and beat until the dough comes together.
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion the dough. Place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- If you prefer a crisp cookie, add 2-3 minutes to the baking time
- Add almond extract. Almond extract gives these cookies an even more classic sugar cookie flavor. If you like almond extract, add a dash of it along with the vanilla.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles, Easy Sugar Cookie, Drop Sugar Cookie