This sweet homemade Strawberry Filling is a delicious dessert condiment that you can use for anything from topping ice cream to filling cupcakes! Made with fresh or frozen strawberries and a pop of lemon juice, you’ll fall in love with this fruity filling.
- 32 ounces (2 containers) strawberries, pureed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- Chop and puree the strawberries using an immersion blender or food processor.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the strawberry puree until it’s lightly bubbling. Then, add the lemon juice and sugar, stirring to combine. Cook over medium-high heat and bring back to a boil.
- In a small dish, combine the flour and warm water and whisk until the flour is dissolved. Pour the slurry into the puree mixture and whisk to combine.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for another 10-15 minutes. The bubbles will go from small and rapid to a thick and a slow boil. Stir occasionally until the strawberry puree is thickened.
- Allow the puree to cool completely, refrigerating to help speed up the process.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry filling, strawberry cake filling, strawberry puree