This Strawberry Margarita Cake is a lime infused, tequila-spiked cake with a layer of strawberry mousse and it’s topped with whipped cream and more lime zest
For the cake:
- 1 box (15.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 package (3.4oz) instant vanilla pudding
- ¾ cups water
- ½ cup of tequila
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 limes, zested
For the filling:
- 1 can (21 oz) Lucky Leaf Strawberry Pie filling
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons tequila
For the topping:
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 limes, zested for garnish
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients: cake mix, pudding mix, tequila, water, egg whites, eggs, vanilla and lime zest.
- Beat all of the ingredients together until they are well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes. Test the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- For the filling: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the Lucky Leaf Strawberry Pie filling with the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and tequila. Thoroughly stir together until the mixture has thickened.
- Poke holes all over the top of your cake using a wooden spoon or round object. Pour the strawberry sauce over the top of the cake and gently spread evenly over top of the cake.
- For the topping: Place a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and beat on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- As the cream thickens, add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over top of the strawberry sauce. Garnish with lime zest.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Cake, Strawberry Margarita, Margarita Cake