These Sweet and Spicy Green Beans a combination of soy sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper to give them a spicy finish
- ½ pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Boil the green beans 7-10 minutes until fork tender, but still al dente.
- Strain the hot water and run the green beans under cold water.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and green beans and stir to coat. Next add the soy sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the soy sauce evaporates or until the green beans are cooked through. Serve immediately.