These savory Taco Stuffed Waffles are fluffy Belgian waffles are stuffed with spiced ground beef and cheese and topped with your favorite taco toppings!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water (or as indicated on taco seasoning)
- 3 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Zest 1 large lime
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Toppings as desired (guacamole, salsa, sour cream, black beans)
Chiptole Crema (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ a lime – juiced
- pinch of salt
- Sauté ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Add taco seasoning and water and cook until the liquid is reduced. Allow the beef to cool.
- Preheat waffle iron.Whisk together the waffle mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs and lime zest until batter is smooth.
- Stir in the cooked ground beef and shredded cheese and stir until well combined.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Fill waffle iron with 3/4 cup of waffle batter and spread evenly.
- Cook the waffle 3-4 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Chipotle crema: in a small dish combine sour cream, chili powder, lime juice and salt. Stir until well combined and drizzle over hot waffle. Serve warm with toppings such as guacamole, sour cream and salsa.