This Samoa Cheesecake is like a seven layer dip. It’s got a caramel cheesecake filling layered with fudge sauce, toasted coconut and shortbread cookies. It’s your favorite Samoa Girl Scout Cookies layered in this dessert dip. It’s a perfect party dip.
- 1 cup Coconut, toasted
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce (Hershey’s or other)
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed – or homemade whipped cream (see below)
- Hot Fudge sauce (Hershey’s or other)
- 8 shortbread cookies, crushed
- Cookies or pretzels to serve with the dip
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toast coconut until lightly brown 8-10 minutes. It is best to toast on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. Allow to cool.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature or microwave for 15 seconds.
- Combine the softened cream cheese with heavy whipping cream and salted caramel sauce. Beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until incorporated
- Next add the Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream (see instructions in the notes), stir until completly smooth
- To build the dip, use a medium size bowl and scoop 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture into the bowl. Next add 1/3 of your shredded coconut and 1/3 cup of crushed shortbread cookies.
- Heat the hot fudge sauce for 30 seconds in the microwave, and stir until smooth. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over the crushed cookies and swirl the mixture with a knife.
- Repeat these layers two more times: cheesecake, toasted coconut, hot fudge and finish with caramel sauce.
- Either serve immediately or keep refrigerated. Serve with shortbread cookies or pretzels.
- Optional: Cut up samoa cookies and mix into cream cheese while it is still in the mixer.
- Please watch coconut carefully- baking (toasting) times will always vary depending on the quality and moisture in the coconut.
- If making ahead of time, refrigerate and allow this dip to come to room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- To make this with homemade whipped cream, beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Category: No-Bake
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Samoa Recipes, Dessert dips