There’s way too much to love with this Ultimate Oreo Poke Cake. The chocolate cake is loaded with Oreos, it’s soaked in chocolate pudding and topped with an Oreo whipped cream.
For the Cake
- 1 box (15oz) chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup (177ml) milk
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vanilla extract
- 30 Oreos, divided
For the topping
- 1 jar (16oz) hot fudge sauce
- 1 package (3.4z) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ¾ cup (414ml) milk
- 1 container Cool Whip or 1 batch homemade whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, milk (3/4 cup), vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients together until it’s well combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan. Take 10 Oreos and place in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or other heavy object and crush the Oreos into smaller pieces. Sprinkle on top of the cake. If you can’t fit them all, save them for the topping.
- Bake the cake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. To test the cake for doneness, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Use a wooden spoon and poke a bunch of holes all over the top of the cake.
- For the topping: Heat the jar of hot fudge according to the instructions on the jar until it is a pourable consistency. Reserve 3 tablespoons to drizzle over top of the cake. Pour the remaining hot fudge over the cake.
- Prepare the instant chocolate pudding by combining the milk and the pudding and whisk until the dry ingredients are dissolved. Pour the pudding over top of the cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator until it is completely cooled.
- To make the topping, crush 10 more Oreos in a large plastic bag and fold into the Cool Whip. Spread the Cool Whip over top of the cake and return to the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Prior to serving, top the cake with more crushed Oreos and drizzle with hot fudge.
- To substitute homemade whipped cream for Cool Whip, use 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- If you’d like to make a chocolate cake from scratch, I recommend using my favorite Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Poke Cake, Chocolate Cake, Pudding Cake, Chocolate Poke Cake, Poke Cake Recipe, Pudding Poke Cake, Oreo cake recipe, oreo cookie cake recipe, chocolate oreo cake