Light, fluffy, moist and with a cinnamon spice flavor, you’ll love this easy zucchini bread.
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini (2 small or 1 medium zucchini)
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (48g) sour cream
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (7.5g) Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (4.2g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (3.75g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F: Generously grease a 9-inch loaf pan and set aside. Line the pan with parchment paper if desired.
Grate zucchini: Using the large cheese grater, grate the zucchini with the skin on. Use a paper towel to squeeze out extra water in the zucchini and fluff with a fork.
Combine the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat all the ingredients together until well combined. Add the sugar and beat until incorporated.
Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and beat just until it starts to combine.
Fold in the zucchini using a spatula and finish mixing the batter by hand. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350°F for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Add 3/4 cups chocolate chips or 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Note this might affect baking time
- Substitute the sour cream with plain or Greek yogurt instead
- Baking times will vary depending on the type of pan and true oven temperature. Mine is ready at exactly 60 minutes, but I suggest 55-65 minutes as a range.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini recipe, quick bread