These apple pie cream pie cookies are a soft-baked cake mix cookie filled with a spiced moussed, apple pie filling and topped with whipped cream.
- ¾ C Unsalted butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 C All-purpose flour
- 1 C Vanilla cake mix
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 recipe Apple pie filling
- For the mouse:
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ C Powdered sugar
- 1 pkg Vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple pie spice
- ¾ C Milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cookie spray or Crisco.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Combine butter and sugar in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat into butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cake mix, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix. Slowly add dry ingredients into batter and beat on a low speed until dough starts to form.
- Drop three tablespoons of dough into the greased muffin pan. Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool completely in the pan. Gently twist to release cookies from pan.
- Prepare apple pie filling according to the recipe below.
- For the mousse
- Combine pudding mix with cinnamon, apple pie spice and milk and until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm.
- Put mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- Take 1 cup of the whipped cream and fold into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Set aside remaining whipped cream and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble cookies.
- To assemble the cookies:
- Place mousse in a Ziploc bag and cut the corner of the bag. Fill each cookie cup with mousse.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of apple pie filling on top of filling and pipe whipped cream on top. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Cookies must stay refrigerated.