This Bacon Delicata Salad is loaded with crispy, pan-fried bacon, sautéed delicata squash, and crumbled bleu cheese. This mouthwatering savory squash salad can be served warm or cold and can easily be prepared ahead of time!
- 5–6 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 large delicata squash (about 3 cups chopped)
- 1 handful parsley (about 3 tablespoons chopped)
- ½– ¾ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3–4 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese (to taste)
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Once cooked, set on a paper towel to remove excess grease and allow to cool. Drain most of the grease from your skillet, leaving a few tablespoons in the pan.
- Slice the delicata in half and remove the seeds and the ends. Then slice it into pieces about 1/4” – 1/2” thick then quarter, about the size of a nickel.
- Sauté the squash, about 2 cups at a time in the leftover bacon fat and cook 5-6 minutes until the squash is fork tender and the skin is soft. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and combine in a medium-sized bowl with the cooked squash, parsley and ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar. Add additional vinegar to taste is desired. Gently toss to combine.
- If serving cold, then store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, toss together with the bleu cheese.
Serve warm or cold. If serving cold, I suggest to microwave for 60 seconds before serving.
- Category: side dish
Keywords: delicata, delicata squash, delicata salad