This Bailey’s Chocolate Cheesecake only requires a few simple ingredients for this show stopping dessert. Silky chocolate cheesecake is infused with Bailey’s Irish Cream liquor and topped with a Bailey’s Whipped Cream!
For the crust:
- 1 package (14.3oz) Oreos
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 24 ounces full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2–3 tablespoons Irish Cream
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- For the crust, Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate the crust while you are preparing the filling.
- For the filling: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and melted chocolate. Beat on medium speed until smooth until all ingredients are well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Next, mix in the eggs just until combined. Lastly, use a spatula to stir in liqueur, whipping cream or milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Place springform pan in shallow baking pan (such as a sheet pan). Bake for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool the cheesecake in the springform pan on a wire rack for at least15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Cool for another 30 minutes or more then remove side of springform pan and continue cooling for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- For the topping: Prepare a batch of whipped cream by placing your bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the Irish cream and powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over cooled cheesecake. Dust with cocoa powder.
- The whipped cream will not be as stiff as a normal cream due to the addition of the alcohol.
- This recipe was adapted from Better Homes and Garden’s Chocolate-Irish Cream Cheesecake.
- Category: Cheesecakes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baileys Cheesecake, Cheesecake Recipe, Chocolate Cheesecake, Baileys Irish Cream Dessert