This Black Forest Poke Cake is a gooey chocolate cake filled with hot fudge, topped with cherry pie filling and fresh whipped cream, and sprinkled with chocolate shavings.
- 1 box (15oz) Chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients listed on the box: Eggs, Oil, Water etc. (Note that I used milk instead of water).
- 1 jar (16oz) Hot fudge sauce
- 1 can (21oz) Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cups Powdered sugar
- Chocolate bar for shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix according to the ingredients on the box. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds until you can stir it and thin it out. You may need an additional 30 seconds. Pour the jar of hot fudge sauce on the top of the cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until the cake is cooled. Let set until completely cooled.
- Open the jar of Cherry Pie Filling and pour over the top of the cake, spread evenly.
- Make the whipped cream. Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks start to form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Chop a chocolate bar into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Cool whip can be substituted for fresh whipped cream, one 8-ounce container will work.
- For a homemade chocolate cake, I suggest my easy chocolate cake
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Poke Cake Recipe, Chocolate Poke Cake, Black Forest Cake