Take a big bite of this Brownie Bottom Brownie Batter Cheesecake! It starts with a layer of fudgy brownie on the bottom and it’s topped with a mouthwatering no-bake brownie batter cheesecake, whipped cream and fudge.
For the brownie:
- 1 package fudgy chocolate brownie mix (19.9 oz)
- Ingredients listed on the box: oil, eggs, water
For the cheesecake
- 1 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups + 3 tablespoons dry brownie mix, divided
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- hot fudge sauce for garnish
- For the brownie: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brownie mix, with the ingredients listed on the box. Stir until the batter is well combined and there are no dry ingredients left.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes until the center is baked but still slightly fudgy. Allow the brownie to cool completely.
- In a small dish, combine 1 tablespoon of cold water with 1 teaspoon gelatin. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and allow it to set to a solid.
- Microwave the gelatin for 8-10 seconds until it turns back to a liquid, watch closely.
- To prepare the whipped cream, place the metal mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add 3 tablespoons of brownie mix and the liquid gelatin and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, until the cream cheese is free of lumps, scraping the bowl occasionally. Next add the granulated sugar and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- Then add 2 cups of dry brownie mix and beat for about 90 seconds until the brownie mix is well incorporated into the cheesecake.
- Finally, fold the prepared whipped cream into the cheesecake batter and mix until well combined. Pour the cheesecake batter over the cooled brownie. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- For the topping: Prepare a second batch of whipped cream as instructed above. Use a large pipping bag fitted with an open star tip to pipe the boarder of the cheesecake. Drizzle with hot fudge.
- For the full recipe you will need 2 boxes of brownie mix
- If you don’t have a springform pan, this dessert can be made in a 9-inch square pan