Looking for Easter cupcake ideas? You’ll love this Cadbury Creme Egg frosting. It’s a classic vanilla frosting recipe with crushed Cadbury Creme eggs.
- 1 batch of prepared cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, cold or softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- 10 large Cadbury Crème Eggs
- Easter sprinkles or mini Cadbury eggs for garnish
- Cut the butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally, beating until the butter look light in color.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated into the butter then add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Beat for about 60 seconds.
- Next, add an additional 2 cups of powdered sugar along with the heavy whipping cream and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Remove Cadbury Eggs from the wrapper. Cut in half and add to the frosting one at a time. Increase speed to medium-high and stir until chocolate is broken up into small pieces. Add additional heavy cream if the frosting is still too thick.
- Pipe or spread on top cupcakes. I used a large open round piping tip for this.
- Category: Cupcake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American