A homemade dark chocolate ice cream with Cadbury Creme Eggs, enjoy this extra special Easter dessert.
- 3 cups heavy Cream
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chocolate or vanilla extract
- 10 Cadbury Crème Eggs (regular size)
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker attachment as directed, usually at least 15 hours.
- Combine 2 cups whipping cream with the sugar and the cocoa powder in a medium-sized saucepan. Heat medium heat, stirring just until it starts to bubble and sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool for a few minutes and add remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Unwrap Cadbury Crème Eggs and cut into quarters. Freeze while your liquid mixutre is cooling.
- Once frozen, set up ice cream maker, and spin on low speed. Pour the liquid mixture into ice cream maker and spin on low speed for 3 minutes and then increase to medium speed for another 10 minutes.
- During the last two minutes, break frozen Cadbury Crème Eggs into small pieces and throw into ice cream mixer. Reserve 1/3 of the Cadbury Eggs to drop into the container after you add the ice cream.
- After 15 minutes, your ice cream should resemble soft serve. Stop the machine and spoon into a freezer-safe container, layering in the remaining Cadbury eggs.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours until desired consistency.
The total time for this recipe includes the pre-freezing of the ice cream. Put your container in the freezer the day before you plan to make this ice cream.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Homemade chocolate Ice Cream, Cadbury, Cadbury Eggs, Easter Dessert, Easy Easter Dessert, Homemade Ice Cream, Homemade Ice Cream recipe,