For the Cake
- 1 Box White cake mix
- 1 Box (3.4 oz) Instant White chocolate pudding mix
- 1 C Milk
- 1/2 C Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 3 Large eggs
- Red food coloring
For the topping
- 1 Can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
- 24 Candy cane Oreos (1 pkg)
- Andes Peppermint chips (optional)
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients (except for red food coloring) in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until eggs and oil are well combined.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of batter in a separate bowl. Add red food coloring and beat until desired color. I prefer using Amerigel coloring, the gel is a little thicker than traditional food color so it prevents the batter from thinning out. I used the color “super red”.
- Pour remaining batter in a 9×13” pan, batter will be slightly thick; spread evenly with a spatula.
- Pour red batter in strips over the top of the cake. Swirl red batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes.
- Check your cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If your toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled. Let set until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, top with cool whip and put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, and use a rolling pin or heavy pot to crush Oreos into pieces. Sprinkle Oreos on top of cake. Sprinkle Andes Peppermint Chips for additional flavor. Drizzle with warm hot fudge sauce if desired.
- Due to the Cool Whip, this cake must be kept refrigerated.