- 2 pkg Biscuits (home style) 16.8 oz
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie filling
- 1/2 C Mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 C Granulated sugar
- For the glaze:
- 3 oz Chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pan.
- Unroll biscuits from package and roll each biscuit until flattened like a pancake. Cut into quarters.
- Spoon 2-3 cherries into the center of each quarter. Sprinkle a couple of mini chocolate chips over cherries.
- Pinch together all 4 edges to form a pouch. Juices may be oozing out of the side, but that’s okay. Gently roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 3 cherry pouches in each muffin cup. Place the sealed edges facing down or outward, otherwise they will expand open when baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes until dough turns a light brown color. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Gently run a knife around the edges of the muffins to help release from pan.
- Prepare the glaze by combining chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-60 seconds until butter is melted. Stir until completely smooth. If chocolate is too thick, add additional butter. Drizzle over top of muffins.
- These are best served warm, but can be stored in an airtight container for one day.
This recipe can easily be halved to make 11 muffins.