This Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting is a silky whipped chocolate frosting that melts in your mouth. This cream cheese frosting is perfect for cakes and cupcakes
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, cold
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cold
- ½ cup (56g) cocoa powder
- 4 ½ cups (585g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- Cut the butter into 1-inch blocks. Beat the butter for 1-2 minutes until it is slightly softened.
- Then add the cream cheese and cream together for 2-3 minutes until they are fluffy and free of lumps, scape down the bowl occasionally.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and beat until well combined,
- Next, add the confectionary sugar 2 cups at a time, followed by one tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and beat for 60-90 seconds until completely smooth.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream and beat until desired consistency, at least 2 minutes.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake and then cover with sprinkles. Keep in an airtight container.
The recipe listed here is for a 9-inch by 13-inch cake and it’s more than enough for 12 cupcakes. If you’re looking to frosting 24 cupcakes just multiple the recipe by 1.5times it, if you double the recipe, you will have a lot of leftover frosting
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cream cheese frosting, cream cheese frosting recipe, easy frosting recipe