These fudgy, soft baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are loaded with peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you have to try this easy cookie recipe.
- ½ cup (144g) melted butter
- ½ cup (55g) packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (48g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (105g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (55g) Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup (45g) peanut butter chips
- 15–18 mini Peanut Butter Cups, chopped intro quarters
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-45 seconds. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Combine the melted butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the egg and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the peanut butters chips and chopped peanut butter cups. Beat until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking sheet. Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. The center of the cookies should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.