Easy Chocolate Walnut Pie is made with brown sugar, maple syrup and a hint of bourbon. It’s a twist on a pecan pie, but made without corn syrup.
- 9-inch pie shell, prepared
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare a pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the wet ingredients and beat until well combined. Then add the all the dry ingredients, thoroughly combine and finally add the walnuts and chocolate chips, stir to combine and pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake on the center rack at 375°F for approximately 35 minutes until the center is no longer jiggly. Remove from the oven and cool completely prior to serving.
- If you don’t want to make a pie crust from scratch, you can buy an already prepared, unbaked pie crust.
- If your crust is browning too quickly, place foil over the top or a silicone pie shield around the edges.
- Alcohol free option: Simply omit the bourbon and add 1 more teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Pecans can be substituted for walnuts
- Maple syrup: I prefer 100% grade A pure maple syrup, you can use any type of syrup but be sure it’s a pure maple syrup for the best results.
- Chocolate chips: any type of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate can be used
- Category: Pie
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Walnut Pie, Chocolate Walnut Pie, Maple Walnut Pie, Thanksgiving dessert, Christmas dessert, Pie recipe