Homemade vanilla ice cream loaded with chocolate zucchini cake and chocolate shavings. Summer time treats just got a makeover. I am totally in love with this Chocolate Zucchini Bread No-Churn Ice Cream.
- For the Zucchini bread:
- 1 ¼ cup (1 small) zucchini
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- For the ice cream:
- 1 pint (16 oz) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces chocolate, shaved
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Chop the zucchini into one inch thick pieces and throw into a food processor. Pulse the zucchini into tiny pieces and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the vegetable oil, eggs, egg white, vanilla extract and granulated sugar. Whisk together until well combined.
- Slowly add the cocoa powder and whisk into the batter.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder and whisk together. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix slowly with a spatula until about half of the flour is incorporated. Add the zucchini pieces and mix only until the flour is blended, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch pan and bake at 350°F and baking for 15 to 18 minutes. To see if the cake is done, stick a toothpick into the cake and if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, prepare the ice cream.
- For the ice cream/; Place the metal mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for about 10 minutes until it’s nice and cold.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an
- electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets thick and bubbly.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating at a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed into the whipped cream and slowly fold the milk into the whipped cream with a spatula.
- Shave the chocolate into the batter and then break apart the zucchini bread directly into the batter. You’ll use about 1/3 of the cake.
- Pour the batter in a large bread loaf pan or freezer-safe container. In you want to, you can also layer in pieces of the zucchini bread as you pour the ice cream batter into the container.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours before serving.