This Easy Banana Bread is loaded with chocolate chips and cinnamon. This recipe is made with pantry staples and stays moist for several days.
- 2 cups (280g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup (285g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (118ml) buttermilk or milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2–3 medium-sized)
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (58g) chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two loaf pans (8.5inch-1lb).
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and combine with the granulated sugar; beat together until well combined.
- Next add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously until smooth; make sure eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, unpeel the bananas and mash with a fork. Add mashed bananas to wet ingredients.
- Slowly add flour mix into wet ingredients and gently stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake at 350° F for 40-45 minutes. Test the bread for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. Each loaf may bake +/- a few minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool prior to slicing.
- To make homemade buttermilk use 1 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar and then add enough milk to make 1 cup. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes and then stir.
- Melted butter can be substituted for 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or coconut)
- To freeze, double wrap in plastic wrap prior to freezing.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Bread Recipe, Quick bread recipe, Homemade Banana Bread, Easy Banana Bread, Moist Banana Bread