This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Easy Banana Bread is loaded with chocolate chips and cinnamon. This recipe is made with pantry staples and stays moist for several days. There’s nothing better than a slice of warm chocolate chip banana bread. Best of all, this banana bread can be made with melted butter or oil.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
There’s nothing better than a warm slice of banana bread with melty chocolate chips. I’ve been baking up a storm lately before the baby arrives and stocking our freezer with baked goods. Those are my kind of freezer meals.
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is adapted from my favorite banana bread. It super moist and the warm chocolate chips paired with the banana are a match made in heaven.
This recipe doesn’t require a mixer, it comes together pretty quickly and you can customize it to your favorite flavors! This recipe can easily be doubled so you can have a loaf for now and one for later.
The Secret to the Best Banana Bread
It’s really all about the bananas. The more brown your bananas are, the better flavor they’ll produce. It really makes a difference. I also believe this is the reason why you don’t need sour cream to make the bread moist.
This recipe calls for 1 1/4 cups of mashed bananas, which is about 3 medium-sized bananas. Even if you have brown bananas, and you’re not ready to make banana bread, you can mash the bananas, measure it out and place them in the freezer for another time.
- Mashed Bananas: Be sure to choose bananas that are quite ripe with some brown spots. They’ll be softer and sweeter!
- Vegetable Oil
- Unsalted Butter
- Milk: Any type will work
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped nuts (are optional)
How to Make Banana Bread
This recipe is really easy- that’s the best part about quick bread recipes. Just a few minutes to assemble the ingredients and two large bowls, plus some measuring cups of course. You can either mix by hand or an electric mixer, but if you choose to mix by hand just be sure to adequately mix the wet ingredients.
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350°F and then prepare the pan. I recommend a light coating of grease and a piece of parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas: I like to use a potato masher or two forks works great.
- Combine the wet ingredients: Combine the bananas with the oil, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the sugar: beat until incorporated.
- Combine the dry ingredients: Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and beat just until it starts to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or nuts
- Bake: I recommend 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cooling: I recommend waiting about an hour to slice into it.
How to Freeze Baked Bread
Allow the bread to cool completely before storing. Wrap the cooled bread in one layer of plastic wrap and one layer of aluminum foil. When you’re ready to serve it, just remove it from the freezer and place it on the counter to thaw.
The hardest part is waiting for the bread to cool before you slice into it. I’ll admit, I’m not very good at that. Slap on a little butter and make sure you grab an extra napkin.Print
Chocolate Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf- 10 slices
This Easy Banana Bread is loaded with chocolate chips and cinnamon. This recipe is made with pantry staples and stays moist for several days.
- 1 ¼ cup mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (58g) chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F: Generously grease a 9-inch loaf pan and set aside. Line the pan with parchment paper if desired.
Mash the bananas: peel and mash the bananas with a potato masher or fork.
Combine the wet ingredients: Combine the bananas with the oil, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat all the ingredients together until well combined. Add the sugar and beat until incorporated.
Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and beat just until it starts to combine. Stir the mixture with a spatula to finish incorporating the flour. Fold in the chocolate chips or nuts.
Bake at 350°F for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Bread Recipe, Quick bread recipe,
What if I want to add peanut butter also.. I would use creamy because I will be adding pecans to one loaf and other family doesn’t want nuts .. Anything I need to add or change to keep it still moist ???
I have not tested this recipe with the addition of peanut butter so I can’t be of much help
The best banana bread recipe. I never liked a banana bread cerze of the banana taste. I tot of giving ur recipe a try and I’m sold. Making it again soon. It’s a hit at home. ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you Julianne 🙏🏻 I’m following ur insta page too 😚
Oh that awesome!